Introduce Yourself!

Ken Rencher, Washington County OR, I lead a team of GIS professionals that support our long-range land use and transportation planning efforts. I also am working to help our organization reach our equity goals.

1 Like

Matt Hillard
Boston, MA
Nonprofit Consulting
Project Evident
I’m very excited to learn how I can be of best support of our clients and our own organization when it comes to all things data equity

1 Like

Hola/ Hi Everyone!

Name: Eva Maria Chavez
Organization: Independent Consultant work with youth development, education, public health organizations
I love unlearning and learning from others!

1 Like

Hi @mhillard it’s so great to have a growing group from Project Evident here in this community. I really value the perspectives and priorities of the Project Evident work. Please feel free to share any updates and resources you’re working on, love to hear about it.

@EMC - I am so excited to see you here! LA is such an active area for data equity and I’m really looking forward to hearing more about what you’re working on.

1 Like

Am Chanda Nsofwa from Zambia,Africa. Founder of Action for Rural Girls and Women. An initiative which aims at promoting gender equality for rural girls and marginalized women. I use evidence based stories from women and girls in rural communities to advocate for their rights.
Am supper excited to be part of this space and looking forward to meaningful conversations and networking with everyone here.

Hello everyone! Kriti here from Delhi, India. My work is based on crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED) focusing on gender and caste based violence.
Thank you for this opportunity to connect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! Coming to you from Queens, New York City. I do housing data analysis, viz, and policy + communications about those things at my org ANHD, where I also created a housing data tool called DAP Portal.For the last three years I’ve been teaching a data analysis, mapping, viz, and storytelling class to first-semester urban planning students and am continually trying to improve my conceptual frameworks and tools and resources I can share with them. Very excited to find this org and community (via the Data Visualization Society’s Youtube channel).

1 Like

Hi, My name is Michael, he/him pronouns. I am the librarian for public health and optometry at UC Berkeley. I also am on the library’s “data collaboration team” and help folks with all kinds of data needs, from finding data to research data management. I have also been teaching a “finding health data & statistics” workshop for many years (link: Welcome! - Finding Health Statistics & Data: A D-Lab Training - Library Guides at UC Berkeley). Thanks.

1 Like

Hello! I am Cristina Zuniga, Sr. Program Manager - Health Leads. I am located in Los Angeles, CA. Happy to be here!

1 Like

My name is Keri-Nicole Dillman (she/her). I am an independent learning and evaluation consultant based in the Boston (MA) area. I support nonprofit, philanthropic, and public organizations’ use of data and insights for strategy. I work broadly in the community development arena (affordable housing, economic inclusion) and urban health – bringing mixed methods and community-engaged approaches.
Like many here, centering equity (in measurement AND social change) strikes me as essential for the world we seek. Several recent projects have included developing culturally responsive and equitable approaches and teams, as well as accessible communications and data visualizations. So much of what I do is made better because of the We All Count team and burgeoning community. Thank YOU!!

1 Like

Hi there @kiki1972 and @czuniga and @msholinb! It’s wonderful to have you here! :sparkler:

I love the idea of data workers as essential workers :slight_smile:

Michael - I have taken that course! And I loved it! Thank you so much :smiley:

Hi, I’m Marlene Clapp. I work as a data analyst for the Massachusetts Association of Community Colleges. I have worked in the higher education sector for nearly 25 years taking some time out to go back to school for my PhD in the early 2000s. I have always done analytical work starting out first as a budget analyst but then I quickly moved into institutional research and assessment work. The projects that I have valued most are those centered around student success and equity! :slightly_smiling_face: I currently support a student success initiative that involves all of the community colleges within the state.

1 Like

Hey @clappm! It’s so good to see you here. I am so impressed by the work you folks are doing in Massachusetts.

1 Like

My name is Janelle O’Dea and I am based in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. I work in journalism, for The Center for Public Integrity. Our mission is investigating inequality, and so data equity as a concept and as a practice is extremely important to me and to us. I am still learning a lot about data equity, but I am happy I found this organization and took the workshop to help build my own foundation of data equity. I am training local journalists on how to do data journalism, and keeping data equity top of mind while I’m doing that is very important to me.

Hi, I’m Kelly Page. I’m based in Colorado, an Australian Immigrant. My work focuses on Inclusive Social Design, and Community Storytelling for Data/Tech products. I’m a consultant/contractor. I was first introduced to We All Count when I was working with the Illinois Mathematics Science Academy on a data project a few yeas ago. Excited to reconnect and learning with everyone here.

1 Like

Hello, I’m Trent Rossi (He/They) from Central Illinois Foodbank. I’m currently trying to create a survey so we can equitably distribute food within our service area.

1 Like

Lucy Davis
Austin Texas
BSA

1 Like

Hey there @DavisLucy @TrossiCIFB and @drkellypage great to see you here :heart_eyes:

Hello Everybody! I am Michelle Eckman and while I sit to work most of the time from my home which is on the unceded land of the Paugusetts, named Stratford, CT by colonists, I do my evaluation work as an internal evaluator for Mass Audubon’s Education and Engagement department. Our organization has never had an internal evaluator and I take my role in bringing culturally responsive evaluation practices into our work very seriously. I know I have a lot to learn and I’m so glad I discovered We All Count via AEA. I can’t wait to learn from all of you!

1 Like

I am Kimberly Lohrfink from Baltimore, MD. I am a Senior Research Coordinator for Pressley Ridge, a non-profit that provides behavioral health services to clients in 7 states. We provide Treatment Foster Care, Independent Living Services, Outpatient therapy, residential treatment and many community based programs.

I have learned so much from the Friday Zoom meetings and look forward to continue to bring an equity lens to the data from all of our programs.

1 Like