Looking for a data mentor!

Looking for a data mentor!

I work in an academic health center and was hired in a project coordinator role. My interests are more data management and analysis. I do have a background in quant and qual analysis, so I have been able to find opportunities to practice. However, I feel like I’m hitting a ceiling on skill development. There aren’t many folks on my team with the skills and time to share their lived experience and answer questions on best practices – especially with a health equity lens.
I’m not looking for perfection, just someone that can carve out some time (at your convenience) for discussions. And perhaps guidance on skills to transition to a more formal data role.

What I can bring: Interesting questions, unrelated travel discussions, and an appropriate amount of star wars references. Also willing to share resources and collaborate on projects.

Thanks,
Ashley

5 Likes

Welcome @asherrill22 ,
Any skills in particular that you’d particularly geek out about learning?
-curious (and it might help find you a match)

Hi Ashley,
I came from academic data work and have a few friends in the health data world. Happy to chat if I can be of any help!
Lynn

1 Like

Hey there @asherrill22 -

I’ve transitioned between different data-related roles, love traveling and would welcome all of your Star Wars references. I’d love to chat and see if we are a good fit/if I could help you out in some way. Feel free to reply here, send me an email or message me on Linkedin - whatever is easiest.

Kristin Bergman
linkedin.com/in/kristinbergman

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in! I teased out some skills below. However, I’m also looking for general direction around skill development that links my experience/interests to marketable job skills.

Data management: Data mining techniques (data cleaning and prep, etc.)
Evaluation: Best practices in the research data lifecycle
Quantitative Analysis: Statistical programming (R or SAS), Regression

That would be great! I don’t see a way to direct message on here, so here is my email - acsherrill22@gmail.com. If you send me a message, I can coordinate a call.

2 Likes