Join Data Bloom in Making a Social Impact! :: Data Scientist position at Data Bloom

Are you a Data Scientist with a passion for creating positive change? Data Bloom, a dynamic data consulting company dedicated to collaborating with social good organizations, is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our team. As a Data Scientist at Data Bloom, you’ll play a crucial role in empowering nonprofits, foundations, and public institutions across various sectors, including climate justice, substance use recovery, philanthropy, education, sustainability, housing, and micromobility.

What You’ll Do

• Utilize your data skills and statistical thinking to analyze real-world data and drive positive outcomes for communities.
  • Collaborate with diverse social good organizations to enhance their impact using data-driven insights.
  • Work simultaneously with various data systems, creating custom data solutions for a wide variety of organizations.
  • Develop and implement data visualizations to effectively communicate findings to a broad audience.
  • Work remotely, enjoying the flexibility and autonomy that comes with a fully remote position.
  • Be part of a small, passionate team that likes to have fun with the work that we do!

Qualifications

• Background in Data Science, Applied Statistics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
  • Minimum of two years of professional working experience in related fields.
  • Proficiency in data analysis, data systems, and data structures.
  • Technical skills with data analysis tools (R, Python), database tools (SQL, Big Query, Google Sheets, Excel), dashboarding tools (Google Looker Studio, Tableau, Microsoft BI), and others (e.g., Google App Script, Java).
  • Strong data visualization and communication skills.
  • Proven ability to tackle unfamiliar challenges. Eager to dive in, comprehend issues, and resourcefully find solutions.

Diversity Matters

• At Data Bloom, we embrace and celebrate diversity. We understand that a diverse and inclusive team brings a wealth of perspectives and helps overcome potential biases. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and identities.

Compensation & Benefits

• A 32-hour work week for a healthy work-life balance
  • Fully remote position
  • Four weeks (16 days) of vacation
  • $350 monthly healthcare stipend
  • 3% annual employer 401k retirement contribution
  • Competitive salary based on experience – $70,000 - $100,000

How to Apply

• Send your resume and a paragraph explaining why you’re excited about joining Data Bloom to grow@thedatabloom dot com with the subject line “Data Scientist Position.” Feel free to include any questions about Data Bloom or the position.

Hi David, thanks for sharing this, and congrats on growing the Data Bloom team! I am going to recommend this to my Associates (who I only employ part-time at my firm), some of whom are also TFA alums. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

1 Like

Great, thank you for doing so!

This post is more than a month old. Has the position been filled? I"m interested to apply!

It has been filled, thank you for your interest and the reminder to update the posting.