Call for Membership for the First Nations, Inuit and Métis Data & Technology Circle

The City of Toronto is looking for Indigenous individuals to join its new First Nations, Inuit and Métis Data & Technology Circle. This group will provide advice, support and guidance to the City on the collection and use of Indigenous data, and other digital initiatives. Honorariums will be provided to members. The deadline to apply is June 30th. Please feel free to share with your networks. You can find more information and apply here: Toronto Public Appointments - Agency Profile

2 Likes

I’d be interested in learning more about how this group is set up - we’re working on a project here in DC to ask communities how race and ethnicity data collection could be more humane and just if it has to happen, and this seems like an amazing idea. Please let me know if you have a few minutes to discuss over the next few weeks. Thanks!

Aanii Hannah,

I am just seeing this response! Would be more than happy to find a date/time that works to connect and I can share more about my portfolio as Indigenous affairs consultant with the City of Toronto in the Data for Equity unit. Feel free to email me at Jessica.Sherk@toronto.ca

1 Like